growing up

By Anonymous - 9:08 PM

I don't get why everyone wants to grow up. I don't get it. Kids are getting pregnant at 16. Having first kisses at 12. Running away from home at 14. Honestly, I don't even want to know what has society become.

The funniest yet most tragic thing is, we spend our entire childhoods just waiting and wanting to grow up. But now that we're in the midst of growing up, we want to be young again. To be able to run to mummy whenever something bad happens. To sleep away nightmares instead of having it keep you awake through the night.
In a lot of ways, growing up is great. You have to admit. It’s wonderful to have the freedom to do what you want, when you want, how you want. You get to stay up as late as you want, eat whatever you want, be friends with whoever you want, buy whatever you want, and come and go as you please. It's great having such freedom.
But having such freedom, you have a price to pay. There are times I would give anything to be a child again, and just do what I’m told and play with my friends. There’d be no real worries, and no terrifying sensation that I might make a wrong step and consequently screw up the rest of my life. You chose to be a grown up, now you have to solve your own problems. And that's why I hate growing up. I don't want to ever grow up, I just want to be forever with my parents. As we grow older each year, so do our parents. And one day, they won't be there for us anymore. That just scares the shit out of me yknow.

Peter Parker’s uncle said something great, “with great power, comes great responsibility”.


There are so many moments I wish I could just hit pause, crawl under the covers, and disappear for a while.
But that’s not how it works. So we march onwards, into the great unknown. Who knows what the future will bring?




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments