you deserve everything

By Anonymous - 3:19 PM

The thing is you have to fight the whole time. You can’t stop. Otherwise you just end up somewhere, bobbing in the middle of a life you never wanted.
— Alexander Maksik, You Deserve Nothing 

On a bad day, you'll reflect on the negative things in life. It happens a lot, it happens too often. You'll always be thinking about how you were an idiot for trying to talk to the cute guy in class and how stupid you were for not studying hard enough for a test. We're constantly blaming ourselves for the choices we've made when at that moment we actually thought it was the right choice to make.

Let’s face it, life isn't gonna hand you everything on a silver platter. You won't get hot nice caring loving guys sent to your doorstep, nor will you get good grades if you don't work hard. We know life would never be this easy, so why do we still expect it to be? Why is it that whenever we fail, get hurt, or embarrass ourselves, it would seem like the end of the world before someone else comes in to pick up the pieces again?

Why do we always rely on having someone else pick us up and glue us back together? Shouldn't we allow ourselves to be happy instead of relying on others? You can be happy if you want to be. You can be who you want to be. You can do what you want. 


You can fail in life, but people will laugh at you, so what? You've learnt more than they ever will. You can get hurt in life, but that's just another lesson learnt to not trust people that easily, right?So why is it that every single setback seems like the end of the world? Why is it that we are so used to having everything perfect, that one flaw in life throws us off our path? 


For me, every failure makes me feel as though I can’t amount to anything. But every time I stand back up, I'm stronger, I'm wiser. Every embarrassing moment in life makes me wonder how people even like me. And if after I've made a complete fool out of myself, why do people still choose to stay by me? Why? If they chose to stay by my side, does that mean they've accepted me for who I am? For the clumsy person that I am?Every single physical flaw that I can possibly point out when I look into the mirror makes me question why people would want to be seen with me. But then again, I remember, people stay because they want to. They're given a choice to stay or to leave. They could have walked away, but they didn't.
Life loves to disguise wonderful lessons in setbacks. You can never realize the true beauty of a rose without having to go through the thorns first. Life isn't going to be easy, that's for sure. But if you're willing to take a plunge to stand up after every set back, life will be worth living. Every single step will be worth it.







  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments