O-fish-cially 21

By Sheryl - 11:30 PM





It's the year that '97 babies turn 21, and I'm a '97 baby. I contemplated hosting a 21st party for myself and after much thought I decided to go ahead with it. I'm glad I did, as I got to share this wonderful moment with my close relatives and friends. It was a ton of fun dressing up and creating DIY pieces for the party too. 

My Mum loves parties and to plan a huge 21st for her daughter, she went mad crazy about it. Needless to say, the entire planning process was led by my Mum. My Dad and I, we were more involved in the creation of the DIY pieces. I DIYed my crowns, and they were the best things I've created for this party.

After deciding that I would have a party, my first though was location. Where am I going to host over 60 guests without having them too squished together? A chalet was ideal, or just some function room. But they were all too cliche. So my parents went around hunting for cafes which were within our budget. Lucky for us! We chanced upon a cafe that my Mum's Primary School friend was a Head Chef for - Iron Supper Club. My Parents went down and decided that it was a great location with superb food. And there, the location was settled and everything else was history.

The team at Iron Supper Club took care of everything related to food. We gave them a budget and they worked around it, creating a Set Menu for lunch & dinner. (I separated the party into 2 timings as the cafe could only host about 30 - 35 people comfortably and my guest list was about 55.) The Team also created the desserts for the dessert table. We didn't have to worry at all about the food. Everything was well taken care of and in good hands.

Here on, I'll just let the pictures do the talking. I'll also include where I got the resources if I can recall, and roughly how much they cost. Do let me know if there's anything else you'll need me to fill you in on!

Iron Supper Club @ Coo 



 

Here are the amazingly baked Cupcakes by the team at Iron Supper Club. The flavours were wonderfully light and refreshing - Chocolate, Coffee, Lime etc. All these were a hit with the children and they loved it very much. The colours were also vibrant, which matched the theme well. 


Macaroons! What's not to love about them! A variety of flavours and it was definitely well baked. Soft and chewy, just how I like them. The team at Iron Supper Club even specially chose plates to help make sure it matched the theme of my party - Under the Sea. 


Iron Supper Club's dessert - TIRAMISU. It's delicious on many levels and it wasn't just said by me. Many of the guest have tried it and wanted second helpings because it was just too good. It's a definite must try! 

 
I didn't want an extravagant cake. I wanted something normal. After sending the Chef some ideas I had in mind, he came up with this. Someone simple, and sweet but oh so delicious! The chocolate cake was so moist and dense. It's really impeccable. I was amazed by how dense the chocolate cake was and everyone had the same inkling - it was such a sinful chocolate cake.

Cake Topper SGD$16 | TheYawningBee on Instagram 


 

Q Posket Ariel Figurine | Gift Greetings @ JEM 
Net & Seashells  | Art Friend
I even got my friend to keep the oyster shells after she ate the oysters HAHAHA

Blue Cloth | Textile Store at Clementi (Honestly, you can find this anywhere around!)
Everything else (Bottles/candles) | IKEA
Balloons | Heartlink Trading
(shaped to look like bubbles!! I was super happy with the design) 

The Balloon Sculptures were a gift from a friend. It was pretty impressive! Everyone was busy taking pictures with the sculptures.

  

Well, guess here's where I include even more photos from the party! I'm really thankful and grateful that everyone was such great sports during the party! Almost everyone came dressed to the theme, and it wasn't just a casual let's just wear blue. 

   
  
  
  
  
  

  
  
  
 
Of course, kuddos to my brother for borrowing a really expensive hoodie from his friend just for the party. 

Ten points to Gryffindor if you can guess which character he ^ attempted to dress up as! 

 

Everything could only have gone so well and smoothly because of this woman here, my Mum. Without her enthusiasm, the party wouldn't have even happened so successfully. And here as I type this, she's reading it too HAHAHA

Guess that's all I've to upload for now. I didn't want to add too many pictures here as I've already uploaded everything online to Facebook/Instagram (Look at my Highlights under 21st).


Till next time,
Love,
Sheryl x

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments