stand up proud tall and strong

By Anonymous - 10:19 PM

"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show them a thousand reasons to smile." But I honestly can't think of reasons to smile right now. 

I followed my usual routine, I opened up twitter and saw something that made my heart skip a beat. "#RIPCory" it says, and I dismissed it away saying that idiots are out to create pranks again. I turned on the TV, the news' showing. "Cory Allan Michael Monteith, best known for his role of Finn Hudson on the Fox television series Glee, passed away due to reasons unknown." There and then it sunk in to me. It wasn't a hoax. It was true. Cory is gone. I couldn't believe it. I searched google, I looked up every site. The same message over and over again, Cory's gone. 


I may not have been a gleek. But I've always watched Glee ever since season 1. I may be a 1/2 a gleek because I wasn't that dedicated a fan. But I watched almost every episode, crying with Rachel, dancing around the house with Quinn. Laughing at Pucker. 
Glee was always there for me whenever I needed to feel strong. They made me feel strong because even a group of misfits managed to fit in. Yes, you'll get bullied in school. But they showed me that it was okay to be who you are. They've definitely taught me so much. 

*There's an article going around saying that he isn't dead. I don't know what I should believe.*

 

This is like a wake up call. Our idols are just as human as we are. One day they'll leave. Not only our idols but also people around us. They'll leave any moment because life is such a fragile thing. 
I can't imagine losing anyone right now because I'm already that fragile and raw


I pray for you Cory, while you watch over us from up above. You'll always be that quarterback who sings in showers. 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments