appreciate

By Sheryl - 3:11 PM

Sometimes, the things we take for granted are the things that someone else out there is praying for. Someone else out there is begging to be given a chance to have the things we take for granted, the things we don't appreciate. 

I would never in life imagine myself being visually impaired - having to be in darkness and nothing else. I never appreciated the light as much as I have, till the day I put on blindfolds and walked around the school campus for 15 minutes. I was led by Crystal and Dorcas around the school campus for 15 minutes, just a mere 15 minutes and I felt like I was completely handicapped. 

I couldn't walk as fast as I used to, I couldn't even trust that the next step I took wasn't gonna send me tumbling down a flight of stairs. Sure, they were around to guide me and tell me where to walk. But I couldn't trust them, I couldn't trust myself. After the exercise, I realized how much I've neglected my sight. How I don't appreciate it as much as I should, just because it's a norm for me to see the things around me without troubles.












It's sad, that we don't notice what we have till it's gone. 
It's sad that we don't realize what we have and how precious it is till its gone.

with much love, sheryl (ɔ˘ ³(ˆ‿ˆc)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments