18 oh 18

By Sheryl - 10:37 PM

Birthdays oh birthdays. I've always loved planning birthday celebrations for friends. I just love the way they light up when they realize that so much effort has been put into a celebration for them. I love the way they'll be speechless for minutes just because they didn't expect anything. I just love how they're happy, genuinely happy when they see the surprise unfold before their eyes. 

Last week, I celebrated Jamie's birthday with her. It was an advance celebration since I would be in camp on the exact date of her birthday. Of course, she wasn't expecting anything grand and all. But really, it's her 18th! Of course I had to make it special. 




Working at ARTBOX has gotten me accustomed to people coming in and asking me to pick and match a nice bunch of balloons for their friends. But when I was trying to get balloons for Jamie, I was completely stuck. I didn't know if I wanted to do really embarrassing ones, or just plain ones. I decided to go with plain ones since I knew her other bunch of friends would definitely give her really cute and embarrassing ones. I wrote on the balloons like I usually would and thank heavens I didn't screw up my handwriting on it. 

After work, I headed over to Fish&Co. at Clementi Mall since it was nearer to Jamie's place. Ironically, she was late cause she had to travel from Jurong East to Clementi because her mum dropped her off at Jurong East instead of Clementi. Funny how she travelled an entire round just to be back at Clementi. After she reached Clementi, we ordered out food and we caught up on everything.


We sat at Fish&Co. for almost 3 hours just talking and eating. It was really nice to finally sit down and have a proper catch up session. Yaladayalda, after everything................................ the birthday rap that Fish&Co. has for every birthday girl.


She was in utter shock and was shaking. I didn't know if it was a good thing or a completely bad thing. But I guess now she'll remember her 18th birthday celebration with me? I got her cupcakes instead of a cake since we probably wouldn't be able to finish an entire cake on our own.  photo 044.gif 


This is what I was talking about. Her reaction to everything was priceless. I don't know whether to laugh or cry with her. She was in complete shock.






Hey Jamie,
I know I'm not always there for you since I'm busy with school and so are you. But please always remember what I've written in my letter to you. If you ever need anyone at all to talk to, I'll be here.



with much love, sheryl (ɔ˘ ³(ˆ‿ˆc)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments