Staycation @ Studio M Hotel

By Sheryl - 4:32 PM

Being able to take a break from waking up at 7 every morning and from climbing up the Ngee Ann slope every morning while rushing for class has got to be the best thing about the holidays. After 8 weeks of being back in school, we really couldn't wait for the holidays to finally arrive. Now that the term break is finally here, I'm so relieved. Although I feel stoked about the holidays, I feel like there's so many things that I have to get done during this short little break. But anyways! Since it's the holidays, why not enjoy a little?



For Agnes' 19th birthday this year, she decided that she wanted all of us to have a staycation. A day away from homework, assignments and all the horrible things we need to get done. A day to spend time with all of us, a day to just indulge and relax. I'm really glad she invited all of us along to celebrate her birthday with her. After a long weekend at work and doing project works, spending time with the girls really made slogging my guts out the days before worth it. Although it was a really short 2 day 1 night stay, I felt like it was a really well-deserved one for all of us.

When we entered the hotel, the first thing they did was surprise us with a mock emergency fire drill exercise. How cute. We were all in the lift, ready and excited to head up to the room when the lift stopped and the fire alarm sounded. My first reaction was of course to ask, "Which one of you pressed the wrong button?". Of course, it wasn't any one of them. We waited in the lobby for quite some time before we decided that we should just head back to our room. It wasn't a pleasant experience to be honest. None of the staff informed us of when we could go back to our room, and everything was just a mess. 

Putting that aside, we went back to Agnes' room and started setting up for her "surprise". Although she already knew that we were going to be there, we though it'll be nice to get her her favourite cake and balloons. Stupid us, forgot that we locked the ledge and when Agnes wanted to come into the room, she couldn't. She was so pissed at us, we had no idea what to do. Blah blah, after everything, we sat down and ate the cake, chatted and waited for the others to arrive. We took loads of photos while waiting too, as usual.








We took forever to get the right settings for the camera since the lighting wasn't on our side at all. And of course, none of the photos was of us looking normal. I guess this just signifies our friendship as a whole, we're never normal when we are together. Not even once are we normal, not at all.

After taking probably 20 shots or more? We finally headed out for dinner at Plaza Sing's Swensen's! Dinner was great, mainly because the company was amazing. After we headed back to the hotel room, we chilled and watched Pitch Perfect 2 before everyone fell asleep. Squeezing 5 girls on a single bed was probably a really bad idea. But it was really fun watching everyone's reaction whenever someone stole the blanket for themselves.

* * * 





This birthday girl has a special spot in my heart. She is both an elder sister and also a younger sister to me. She never fails to look out for me wherever we are and she's always wanting the best for me. I'm super duper grateful to have met her, and to have gone through so much with her. Maybe it's the fact that we're Geminis, and maybe that's why we understand each other so well even though we don't talk all the time. But either way, I know I can count on her for anything at all. I know that she'll always be looking out for me the same way I'm always watching her back.


*  *  * 

The next day we woke up rather late, I mean who could blame us? We all slept at 4 in the morning after watching Pitch Perfect 2. We packed up and made our way over to Plaza Sing. We decided that Pizza Hut for lunch would be the easiest choice since there was student meal for all of us. Although I suspected a little something weird, I decided to just go with the flow anyways. And of course, these girls walked into Pizza Hut with a huge balloon and a pint of ice-cream filled with candles. Yes, I had to try and blow off all the candles before it made the ice-cream melt even more. I didn't know what to do or how to feel because I was just mentioning earlier about how much I was craving ice-cream. We were sick and tired of cake from the day before anyways, so everyone thought buying ice-cream would be a better idea- THANK HEAVENS

They even got me roses, which was one of the things I casually mentioned to Agnes the day before when we saw a bouquet of flowers at a store. It was so sweet of them to actually plan this even though everyone was probably already tired from everything else. But it made my day, and they made me super happy. I'm so grateful for these girls, really. I can't even begin to comprehend how such a huge group of us can work together and be a clique, but I'm glad we work out- one way or another. 



Every single photo I chose to post here with the girls show the friendship that we have. Be it, me being completely done with them or them being totally done with my bullshit. But it shows, in every picture. Here's to another term, another semester, another year of friendship girls. Thank you so much for everything, even though you may not be reading this, but thank you. You have no idea how much you mean to me.



















with much love, sheryl (ɔ˘ ³(ˆ‿ˆc)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments